Welcome to my classroom home page! I am really looking forward to teaching you
English this year! This page is the best location to
obtain information about classroom activities and assignments throughout the school year.
Students and parents should check back regularly to read any new announcements, review the
syllabus, get tips from the study guides, or get answers to frequently asked questions.
Required Classroom Supplies:
- Loose-leaf notebook
- Loose-leaf notebook paper
- 5-subject tab dividers (for loose-leaf notebook)
- Black or blue pens
- Pencils & colored pencils
- Glue sticks
- Know and follow all school policies and school rules.
- Be in assigned seat at start of class, with supplies, ready to learn. Students who do not have
their supplies will be given lunch detention.
- Do not eat or drink in class.
- Do not take out your computer unless directed to do so.
- Keep cell phones turned off and put away. If I see it or hear it, I must take it.
- Respect all adults, your peers, and everything around you.
- Do not use inappropriate language or bully others.
- Do not take or use supplies without permission.
- Do not touch things that do not belong to you.
- Pay attention in class and be prepared to learn. Follow directions.
- Raise your hand to speak or to leave your seat. Do not speak out of turn or raise your voice.
- Do all assigned work and turn work in on time. Students will do their own homework, quizzes,
tests, and class work unless otherwise instructed. Late work will be marked down one letter
grade per day late.
- Do not submit any assignment to me electronically without prior approval.
- Wait to be dismissed from class.
Consequences for Disruptive Behavior:
- First Offense – Warning
- Second Offense – Time Out/Lunch Detention
- Third Offense – After-school detention. After-school detention is held every Thursday in Room 2700.
- Fourth Offense – Contact parents.
- Repeated or Severe Offenses (i.e., Fighting, Cursing, Bullying, etc.) –
Immediate referral to the Principal’s Office.
Consequences for Positive Behavior:
We will celebrate our accomplishments, successes, and positive behavior! These
celebrations occur both individually and for the whole class.
Candy Jar Awards
Phone Calls Home
Something For You To Know
You may get the wrong idea from the web address that I am out to be some
kind of dictator … that is, "meet the new boss." The truth is that the name comes from a great song by a great
musical group, The Who. The song is Won't Get Fooled
Again. You may recognize the song as the theme song for the CBS television series,
CSI: Miami. I was very fortunate to have seen them in concert in 1980.
A photo of the marquee of Hampton Coliseum the day of the concert.
Unfortunately, my photos inside the stadium were very grainy.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Telephone (8:00 AM - 4:15 PM, M-F): (804) 555-1234
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning Period: 11:45 AM - 1:30 PM, M-F
Back to Top